Review of Breast Assessment Services – INVITATION TO PUBLIC MEETINGSSubmitted by amccune on Wed, 2017-08-02 21:08
Breast Assessment services have been encountering ongoing challenges as a result of increasing numbers of referrals and ongoing workforce shortages within radiology. The clinical teams delivering the service have agreed that the current service model is not sustainable and that there is a need to reconfigure the service across fewer sites in order to create more sustainable teams. This change relates to assessment only. Treatment will not be impacted.
Staff from the Health and Social Care Board (HSCB) and Public Health Agency (PHA) will attend to share work that has been ongoing to define a range of possible options for the future configuration of the assessment service and the criteria which will be used to appraise those options. Your views will be vital in helping to shape the design of the future service model.
If you have an interest in the way breast assessment services are delivered, please come to one of our public pre-consultation meetings:
- 3rd August 2017, 2.00pm - Ballynahinch Methodist Church
- 9th August 2017, 3.15pm - Great Hall, Tara Centre, Omagh
- 10th August 2017, 6.00pm - Ards Town Hall, Newtownards
- 17th August 2017, 12noon - Amy Carmichael Centre, Belfast
- 24th August 2017, 11.30am – HSCB Conference Room, County Hall, Ballymena
- 24th August 2017, 3.00pm – Boardroom, HSCB, Tower Hill, Armagh